Accommodating your small living space with a variety of furniture call outs your extra effort. Having a sofa in your house is fine, but sleeping on it for an entire night with stretching your body may not be fully comfortable.
This is where a sectional with a sleeper sofa comes into the picture. A sleeper sectional is similar to a sleeper sofa or a sofa bed but comes with an L-shaped sectional.
Are sofa beds and sleeper sofas the same?
When looking for a sleeper sectional, you'll note that the words sofa bed and sofa sleeper are often used interchangeably. However, there is a distinction between the two. What you need to know is as follows:
Sofa beds are meant to lay flat and convert to a bed. However, they do not come with a mattress.
A mattress hidden behind the seat cushions pulls out into a more conventional bed in most sofa sleepers.
Whether it is a sectional sleeper sofa or a sectional sofa bed, this functional piece of furniture offers an ample number of benefits.
This sofa can give your family and friends a warm and cozy place to snug in during the day and converts itself into a sectional sleeper sofa at night. Interesting right? The best part is that a sleeper sectional can be transformed into a bed or sofa within a few steps.
Sleeper sectionals are available in various shapes, materials, and colors, so you'll have no problem choosing one that complements your current decor. A basic imitation leather couch or loveseat transforms into a cozy bed in minutes.
At Jennifer Furniture, you can find out the best sectional sleeper from the most promising brands, such as American Leather, Coaster, ESF Italia, Jennifer Italia, Klaussner, Luonto, and Modern Heritage. If needed you can buy a sectional sleeper sofa with a chaise if you have a large family to accommodate.
FAQS OF SECTIONAL SLEEPER SOFA
1. What is a Sectional sleeper?
A sectional sleeper combines a sectional sofa and a sleeper. If necessary, this sofa can also serve as a bed. The sectional sleeper features several repositionable sections, allowing you to arrange it in various configurations, and the sleeper function lets it transform into a comfortable bed.
Typically L-shaped, it is mostly used in living rooms, guest rooms, or where the space is limited.
2. What are the different types of Sectional sleepers?
There are several types of sectional sleepers, including:
- Pull-out Sectional Sleeper: It has a hidden mattress that you can pull out from the frame of the sofa
- Futon Sectional Sleeper: It has a futon mattress that unfolds flat to create a bed.
- Convertible Chaise Sectional Sleeper: It features a chaise that converts into a bed by removing the cushions and pulling out the mattress.
- Storage Sectional Sleeper: It also includes storage space for bedding and other items.
- Reclining Sectional Sleeper: It features reclining seats that you can adjust to different angles for maximum comfort.
3. What seating capacity do Sectional sleepers offer?
The seating capacity of a sectional sleeper sofa depends on its size. A standard sectional sleeper can accommodate up to five people. The number may vary due to the design also.
4. What materials are used in Sectional sleepers?
A sectional sleeper sofa is a combination of different materials, such as:
- Frame: The frame is generally made of wood or metal. Wood frames are robust and enduring, while metal frames are lightweight and easy to move around.
- Upholstery: The most popular upholstery materials are fabric, leather, synthetic microfiber, and vinyl. Because the fabric is comfortable and available in various colors and designs, it is the most commonly chosen material. Other materials such as leather, synthetic microfiber, and vinyl are also widely used because they are easy to clean and maintain and resistant to fading.
- Mattress: The mattress in a sofa bed is usually made of foam, memory foam, HR foam, or innerspring. Foam mattresses are lightweight and comfortable, while memory foam mattresses conform to the body for extra support. Innerspring mattresses are more traditional and are usually firmer.
- Cushions: The cushions are made from materials such as foam, down, and polyester fibers. Foam cushions provide the right support and are durable. Down pillows are soft and comfortable. Polyester fiber pillows are cheaper.
5. Do Sectional sleepers have a storage feature?
Yes. Many sectional sleeper sofas have a storage feature. The storage option depends on the design of the sectional sleeper.
Some have storage space underneath the chaise, which can be lifted up, some have in form of pullout drawers while others have storage compartments near the armrest or side of the sectional.
6. Do Sectional sleepers cost more than beds?
Depending on numerous factors such as quality, size, features, material, design, and brand, sectional sleeper sofas can cost more or less than beds.
Sometimes they cost more than beds because they serve as both a bed and a sofa. At other times, they can cost less than a regular bed. There is no right or wrong answer. It depends on what you choose.
7. What Sectional sleeper brands are available online?
The most popular sectional sleeper brands available online are American Leather, Coaster, ESF Italia, Jennifer Italia, Klaussner, Luonto, and Modern Heritage.
8. What are some important points to consider before buying Sectional sleepers?
Here are some key points to consider before purchasing a sectional sleeper:
- Space available: It is essential to measure the space where you intend to place your sectional sleeper to ensure you buy the right size and it fits perfectly.
- Size: Choose the size according to your space and personal needs. Consider your space and how many people will be using it for sitting and sleeping. Sectional sleepers are available in different sizes, so you can easily find the one that best suits your preferences.
- Comfort: Comfort is of the utmost importance, always inquire about the softness and firmness of the upholstery and then buy accordingly.
- Style: No matter how much you like a sectional sleeper's design, if it doesn't match the interior of your home, we suggest not purchasing it. Instead, choose a design that blends into your decor.
- Material: Considering your lifestyle will help you choose the right material. For example, if you have pets like a cat at home, you can use synthetic microfiber instead of leather. If you intend to use it in the lounge, leather is more suitable as it is stain resistant.
9. What are some maintenance tips for Sectional sleepers?
The best way to care for a sectional sleeper is to clean it regularly. But you must clean it in a precise manner. Always use a soft and dry cloth first to gently clean the upholstery and then a damp cloth to wipe it.
Use a vacuum to remove dirt and debris from the corners, the frame, and underneath. You can also use slipcovers, this protects the fabric. Do not use abrasive materials and harsh chemicals.
10. How can I get rid of stains on my Sectional sleeper?
Here are some general tips to help you remove the stains from your sofa bed:
The first thing you must do is, check the manufacturer's instructions for what not to use on the fabric during cleaning. This will help you protect it from extra damage.
Second, identify the type of stain it is. Different stains require different cleaning methods. For example, stains like juice can usually be treated with mild detergent and warm water, while stains like oil or grease may require a solvent-based cleaner.
Blotting the stain is a good idea. If the stain is fresh, first blot away as much excess liquid as possible with a clean, dry cloth.
Then clean it with a damp cloth. Follow it up with a mild cleaning solution. Apply it appropriately with a clean cloth or sponge. Clean the area with a clean, damp cloth, blot again, and allow it to air dry.
If you are not sure, you should hire a professional upholstery cleaner.
11. Are sectional sleeper sofas easy to assemble?
In general, sofa beds are easy to assemble. If you follow the instructions carefully, you can effortlessly assemble your sectional sleeper.
The assembly also depends on the brand of the sofa. You can also opt for white glove delivery, which doesn't require you to do anything. All you have to do is wait and relax, your sectional sleeper will be assembled by the delivery team.
12. What is the difference between a sectional sleeper sofa and a regular sectional sofa?
A regular sofa consists of several sections that you can arrange in different configurations to suit different spaces and is used only for seating. Whereas a sectional sofa bed has a built-in bed and is designed for sitting and sleeping.
Whenever required, you can pull out the bed. Visually they both look similar, it's hard to tell the difference.
13. Are sectional sleeper sofas available in different fabrics?
Yes, sectional sleeper sofas are available in various fabrics to suit your preferences and requirements. Some of the most common fabrics are leather, microfiber, polyester, linen, cotton, velvet, viscose, and wool.
14. Are sectional sleeper sofas available in different sizes?
Yes, sofa beds are available in different sizes. The sizes may vary depending on factors such as the number of seats and the size of the mattress. The most common are full-size sectional sleepers and queen-size sectional sleepers.
15. What is the difference between a pull-out sofa and a sectional sleeper sofa?
A pull-out sofa usually has a standard size like a regular bed, with a single mattress that folds out of the couch. Whereas a sectional sleeper sofa is comparatively larger as it has extra space on the side next to the mattress, which increases the overall sleeping space.
Also, it has multiple sections that can be arranged in numerous ways to accommodate the space.
16. What is the typical lead-time for ordering a sleeper sofa?
The typical lead time for ordering a sectional sleeper sofa depends on different factors, such as the manufacturer, retailer, brand, region you are ordering in, availability of the desired model, etc. Generally, it takes a few days to several weeks to deliver a sectional sleeper sofa.
17. What makes your sectional sleepers special?
A sectional sleeper works as a bed, a sofa, and also as a chaise for lounging. Its versatility is what makes it so special. In addition to the comfort of a bed and a sofa, it also provides storage options. It's a great space saver and also improves the look of any room it's placed in.
18. What size of Sectional sleepers should you buy?
The size of the sleeper you wish to buy depends on your personal preferences such as the intended use, whether you want to use it for unexpected guests or yourself. The number of people you want to accommodate for sleeping. The availability of space matters as you would want the sectional sleeper to fit perfectly in the area.
19. Is innerspring or memory foam better for a sleeper sofa?
Both innerspring and memory foam mattresses have their pros and cons. Your personal preferences and requirements will determine which is more suitable for you.
Innersprings are traditional mattresses that have been used in sleeper sofas for many years. They are firmer than memory foam mattresses and more breathable, which can help prevent overheating.
Memory foam mattresses, on the other hand, are made of high-density polyurethane foam that molds to the shape of your body. Popular for their comfort and support, they can be beneficial for those experiencing discomfort and pain while sleeping.
If you'll use the sectional sleeper mainly for sitting, an innerspring mattress can be a good choice. However, if you use the sleeper for sleeping, a memory foam mattress might be a better choice.
20. Is a sectional sleeper sofa popular?
Sectional sleeper sofas were introduced in the late 1930s. But that doesn't imply they're no longer fashionable. These functional pieces of furniture are making a comeback—and with a good cause!
A high-quality sectional sleeper sofa provides all the features you want in your next couch: comfort, spaciousness, design flexibility, and aesthetic appeal.
21. Which material is good for a sectional sleeper sofa?
There are sectional sleeper sofas made of different materials, especially on the outside. We must give more importance to the outside because some materials can absorb spills into the fiber and damage the inside.
That said, you will find different fabric sectional sleeper sofas and might wonder which one to choose. Remember, synthetic fabrics such as polyester and acrylic don't absorb stains into the fibers. Meanwhile, nylon, cotton, and polyester are durable.
The leather sectional sleeper sofa is the most durable material which can last longer and is easy to clean.
22. How to stage a sectional sleeper sofa in a room?
It's always ideal for putting your sofa in the middle of the room if you have the space. Instead of placing your sectional sofa against the wall, try utilizing it as a point of reference for other design components in your space.
When positioned in the middle of the room, U-shaped sectionals are wonderful for connecting the area, while L-shaped pieces may create great contrast and open up space when placed at the corners of the walls.
However, when it comes to a sectional sleeper sofa needs some extra space to pull out the sofa bed and sleep. So, ensure you have ample space to accumulate this.
23. Does a sectional sleeper sofa make a room look bigger?
The correct sectional may entirely change the look of a tiny space—or at least how others see it.
Rather than crowding a tiny area with a slew of smaller chairs and loveseats, a huge couch in one corner may make a room appear larger. This is because you help open up a bigger room area by decreasing the space occupied and other aesthetic distractions (for example, chair legs and backs).
Since a sectional sleeper comes with dual functionality, it eliminates the need for a separate bed. Thus ideals suits space-constrained rooms.
24. Which is the best brand for a sectional sleeper sofa?
Some of the best brands for a sectional sleeper sofa are American Leather, Coaster, Jennifer Italia, Luonto, and Klaussner. You can find exclusive collections of sectional sleeper sofas from these brands at an offer price at Jennifer Furniture.
25. Are sectional sleepers comfortable?
Yes, you can sleep comfortably on a sectional sleeper if it has a thick mattress. But in most cases, sectional sleepers come with a mattress that can easily host anyone for a good night's sleep. Remember, you can't expect a bed level of comfort on a sectional sleeper, however, it can be made comfortable with extra pillows and thick sheets.
26. Where can you find the best sectional sleeper sofa online?
You can find the best sectional sleeper sofa online from top brands at amazing discounted prices at Jennifer Furniture. It is a one-stop destination whether you are looking for a cheap sectional sleeper sofa or a luxurious piece.
27. Difference between a U-shaped sectional sleeper sofa and an L-shaped sectional sleeper sofa
The L-shaped sleeper sofa comes with an "L" either on the left or right-hand side of the sofa. This depends on how you want to fix the sofa at your place.
Whereas the U-shaped sectional sleeper sofa is itself a sectional in the shape of a U. What makes it different from the L-shaped sofa is that it comes with two extended arms that face each other.
Both U-shaped and L-shaped sectionals can be moved to form different shapes in your space.
28. Is a sectional sleeper sofa good for the living room?
Yes, a sectional sleeper sofa is a good addition to your living room because it can save space by not needing to have the extra room as a bedroom. Also, with a sectional sleeper sofa, you quickly turn any room in your house into a guest bedroom.
29. Can you sleep on a leather sectional sleeper sofa?
If you want to experience what enriched comfort looks like, you must sit on a leather sectional sleeper sofa. Though the pull-out mattress is the part where you will sleep, you will also love it for the coziness it provides and since leather sofas as a whole are durable, you can count on it.
30. What features can you expect in the best sectional sleeper sofa?
Each sectional sleeper sofa comes with certain features and comes with a price tag. If you are buying a luxurious sectional sleeper sofa with a manual or power recliner, check for an adjustable headrest, extra pillows, cushions, USB port/charger, and storage boxes, and ensure the style fits your room decor.
31. How do I style a small sectional sofa?
You can style any sectional sofa irrespective of the size.
- Add cut-throw pillows on the sectional.
- Try to maintain light colors in the same scheme and add a mirror near the sofa to make it look more spacious.
- Try to change covers or change the sectional shape and style it differently for every season. For instance, you can change the pillow covers to red and green to make them matching for the Christmas theme.
32. Is Sectional Sofa still in Style?
Sectionals were popular in the middle of the twentieth century, but that doesn't imply they're no longer fashionable. In fact, these functional pieces of furniture are making a comeback—and with good cause!
A high-quality sectional provides all of the features you want in your next couch: comfort, spaciousness, design flexibility, and aesthetic appeal.
33. How to Stage a Sectional Sofa in a Room?
It's always ideal to put your sofa in the middle of the room if you have the space. Instead of placing your sectional sofa against the wall, try utilizing it as a point of reference for other design components in your space.
When positioned in the middle of the room, U-shaped sectionals are wonderful for connecting the area together, while L-shaped pieces may create great contrast and open up space when placed at the corners of the walls.
34. Does a Sectional Make a Room Look Bigger?
The correct sectional may entirely change the look of a tiny space—or at least how others see it. Rather than crowding a tiny area with a slew of smaller chairs and loveseats, a huge couch in one corner may make a room appear larger.
This is because you help open up a bigger area of the room by decreasing the amount of space occupied and other aesthetic distractions (for example, chair legs and backs).