Tips On Buying Leather Furniture With Bernhardt Furniture
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Why Choose Leather Furniture?
- Guide For Buying Leather Furniture With Bernhardt Furniture
- Why Get Leather Furniture From Bernhardt Furniture?
- Final Words
With a striking appearance, commanding attention, and classic and refined craftsmanship, leather furniture will be the perfect centrepiece for any room.
Before you fall in love with the first Bernhardt leather furniture and consider investing in it, you must know what you need and what to look for.
Because there are different types of leather furniture, and each varies based on needs and budget. So, leather furniture is an investment, and you can't play around with it.
So, keep reading this article to learn the tricks and tips for choosing the best leather furniture for your personal space.
Why Choose Leather Furniture?
Being a luxurious statement, this piece of furniture is sure to treat you with style and extra sophistication, elevating the overall tone of your home.
Besides aesthetics, leather furniture is durable and offers immense comfort when it is used as an upholstery material. Since it's a natural material that ages gracefully, you can expect it to carry a history with it.
It spills a sense of luxury and refinement that synthetic or other materials can't stand a chance with. This is why leather furniture is highly celebrated, and you won't regret the ones you get from Bernhardt Furniture.
Guide For Buying Leather Furniture With Bernhardt Furniture
Types Of Leather
First, know that there are different types of leather:
1. Full-grain Leather - Can imperfections add beauty? Yes, that's what full-grain leather is, with unique grain patterns. Since it's the top layer of the hide, it is the most robust and durable type of leather. It's a pinky promise that this leather will last a lifetime.
2. Top-grain Leather - We can call this type the cousin of full-grain leather and the second highest quality leather. The difference here is that some sanding and tinkering are done to hide or remove the leather's imperfections. If you want leather furniture with a refined look, top-grain is what you must look for.
3. Corrected-grain Leather - When an additional layer of pigment or coating is added to create a uniform appearance, it is corrected-grain leather. This makes it a great choice for those who want leather that looks flawless and is easy to maintain.
4. Split-grain Leather - This type is made from the fibrous second layer of the hide separated from the top layer during the tanning process. Hence it gets the name split-grain leather," is preferred for its uniform appearance and durability, and is used for furniture upholstery and other applications.
5. Bonded Leather - We can safely refer to it as the lowest quality of leather. It's made by taking leftover leather scraps and bonding them together using resin or glue to create a single sheet of material. While this type may not be as luxurious as full-grain or top-grain leather, it's a more affordable option for those on a budget.
No matter what type of leather you choose, each has its own unique beauty and charm. Whether you prefer the natural and rugged look of full-grain leather or the polished and refined look of top-grain leather, there's a type of leather out there for everyone.
Check The Quality Of The Leather
Even if you choose leather furniture that says it is made of so-and-so leather type, check its quality. Because the quality of the leather will affect its durability and overall appearance.
Look for leather that is thick, supple, and has a consistent color and texture. Avoid leather that is thin, stiff, or has an uneven color or texture.
Check The Frame And Construction
Well, this is not entirely about leather. Since we are talking about leather furniture as a whole, we also have to address the other parts of the furniture. So, the frame and construction of the furniture are just as important as the quality of the leather.
Look for furniture with a sturdy, solid wood frame and joints that are glued, screwed, or doweled for added durability.
Ensure It Will Fit Your Existing Decor
Light and neutral colors are a trend now. But keep in mind that darker colors are more forgiving when it comes to stains and wear and tear. Test the comfort level because it is important when it comes to furniture, so sit on it and test it before making a purchase.
Make sure it's comfortable and supportive and that the cushions and padding are high quality. If you are making an online purchase, check the reviews on different platforms.
Leather furniture requires proper care and maintenance to keep it looking its best. For instance, leather can dry out and crack over time if not properly conditioned, particularly in environments with low humidity.
Additionally, it can scratch easily with sharp objects or even pet claws. The worst part is that sunlight can fade and discolor leather furniture over time.
This is why it is a must to ask the salesperson or manufacturer about the best ways to care for and clean the furniture to ensure it lasts for years to come.
Why Get Leather Furniture From Bernhardt Furniture?
Can you go wrong with a furniture company with a strong reputation for over 130 years? Also, Bernhardt is known for producing handcrafted furniture with more focus on attention to detail and craftsmanship.
There's no need to wear the detective cap to check if it's real leather. Because Bernhardt only sells high-quality leather that includes top-grain, full-grain, and bonded leather. Talking about style, your jaw can automatically drop looking at the leather furniture styles and collections.
The cream of the crop here is that Bernhardt Furniture is highly committed to sustainability and uses only environmentally friendly practices while manufacturing leather furniture.
Last but not least, Bernhardt knows how its potential customers can get pissed off when the customer service isn't up to par. This brand has understood it and has never failed to offer exceptional customer service.
Leather furniture is a symbol of enduring quality and can be made to last for generations when maintained well. Being the supple oasis of relaxation, you won't regret investing in one.
But pay attention to the factors mentioned in this article to get the most out of your purchase. And we hope you understand why you should make a purchase with Bernhardt. Cheers!